Daikin is the leading global manufacturer and supplier of HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) equipment, including heat pump and refrigeration solutions. The company provides innovative, premium quality indoor climate management solutions to meet the changing needs of our residential, commercial and industrial customers.
Under limited supervision this senior engineer will provide after sales HVACR control system support as technical specialist, which includes commissioning, installation, testing, maintenance, and training to customers and field staff both remotely and at jobsites. Proficient in the principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Provide customers with technical support in the setup, configuring, troubleshooting, and operating of Daikin control system products.
- Provide customer-specific programming assistance and parameter settings for standard Daikin control products and custom applications.
- Provide training, as required, to the sales group and customers on the features, proper use, application, and operation of Daikin control system products.
- Coordinate with various functional areas as needed in the resolution of controls field issues and the identification of their internal corrective actions.
- Close follow ups with factory for new products service training and reporting of quality issues including root cause analysis.
- Willing to travel up to 50% of work schedule - Daikin Middle East Office sales territory covers entire Middle East & Africa region.
- Bachelor’s in Electrical, Electronics or Instrumentation Engineering.
- 6 to 7 years of working experience with Controls OEM or HVAC&R industry.
- Hands on experience on design and programing of DDC, PLC controllers, HMI screens and Graphics visualization/SCADA software.
- Familiar with industry standard communication protocols (Modbus, BACnet, LONtalk, etc.)
- Proficient in networking communications, IT hardware, software, and obtain 3rd party certification as driven by Industry practices.
- Experience with Windows OS & MS Office.
Experience & Knowledge:
- 6 to 7 years of minimum branch / field experience in BAS / HVAC control system engineering, application design, and installation.
- Field knowledge & experience in installation, programming, commissioning, and troubleshooting HVAC controls and BAS systems.
- A proven track record in control system technical support and training is required.
- Successful candidates must possess excellent verbal and written customer service communications skills. Expert knowledge in software programming, controls integration and communication protocols. Able to coordinate and direct the work of others both in-person and remotely.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work with diverse functional groups are essential.
- Bachelor’s in Electrical, Electronics or Instrumentation Engineering, or a closely related discipline with 6 to 7 years’ field experience in HVAC control systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively via telephone, email, and live chat to elicit pertinent information to form the basis for troubleshooting field problems.
- Be customer focused, exhibiting a strong desire to resolve issues to the customers satisfaction in a timely manner.
- Able to research independently to close any knowledge gaps that exist.
- Self-motivated, disciplined, quick learner with good verbal and written communication skills & inter-personal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced support environment while interacting with a variety of personality types.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment: ability to work collaboratively with front line service professionals, product development engineers, and engineering support teams.
Daikin Middle East and Africa offers a varied and international feature, where you can work independently and where you can take initiative. You will work in a solid and growing company which is a world leader, encouraging its employees to flourish. You will be part of a professional and dynamic team, where team spirit is put forward. You will benefit from extensive internal and external coaching.
Daikin Middle East and Africa offers a package of competitive salary related to experience/talents.